Nursing Philosophy and Principles - St Lucie Medical Center
Nursing Philosophy and Principles
- We believe in the value of the Professional Nurse.
- We believe in “Putting Patients First.”
- We believe quality nursing practice includes the art of “Nursing as Caring” and the science of critical thinking and clinical competence.
- We believe continued advancements in technology enhance nursing practice.
- We believe evidence-based practice and continuous quality improvement lead to positive patient outcomes.
- We believe in collaboration, teamwork, and innovation.
- We believe professional growth advances the practice of nursing.
- We believe the nurse’s role in promoting community wellness makes a difference.
- Every patient’s care is guided by an RN.
- Patient safety is at the core of every nursing decision and action.
- Through direct invitation we hear the calls for nursing.
- Person centered care is coming to know one patient at a time, thus creating harmony and healing.
- Individual accountability improves quality of care.
- Nurses must act with integrity and within the established scope of practice.
- Communication between caregivers must embrace caring and be timely, continuous, and complete.
- Continuity is viewed from the patient’s perspective.