We are pleased to announce that we now offer mammography services using full field digital technology and computer aided detection software (CAD). Breast MRIs are also available. Patients will need to have an order from a physician to get the digital mammography or breast MRI.
To schedule a mammogram, please call 877-331-7026.
The GE Senographe DS™ is a full-field digital mammography (FFDM) system designed to meet a broad spectrum of clinical needs – from screening and diagnosis to pre and post surgical care. This system features the newest advances in technology designed to optimize and enhance image quality. This system offers advances in breast imaging including patient comfort and user ergonomics, and gives the radiologist enhanced reading capability, for better visualization across the entire breast.
GE Healthcare has been a leader in mammography since the 1960s and pioneered the world’s first full-field digital mammography system. The Senographe DS is designed exclusively to image the breasts in both female and male patients.
- Exams can take less time – an average exam can be reduced up to 50% compared to traditional film-based mammograms
- Ergonomic compression paddle shapes to the breast optimizing the tissue presented for imaging
- Compression speed of the paddle slows when coming into contact with the breast providing enhanced patient comfort
- Narrow tube design allows for easy and relaxed patient positions during the exam
- Easy wheelchair access to the system
- Digital capability allows for image quality checks within seconds after exposure – giving physician/technologist the ability to confirm image quality before the patient leaves the exam room
- Better visibility of the breast, particularly near the skin line, the chest wall and in women with dense breast tissue due to ergonomic design and image processing capabilities
- Advanced digital capabilities allow for breast images to be reviewed electronically for improved report turnaround times in the mammography department
- Electronic archiving of patient images means easier retrieval and transmission of patient information to healthcare providers
- Patient files can be easily created for referring physician review
- Computer Aided Detection (CAD) – a sophisticated software tool helps the physician identify suspicious lesions and assists in earlier detection of breast cancer
St. Lucie Medical Center’s Mammography Department is located at the Family Health Center at 1700 Hillmoor Drive, Port St. Lucie, Florida directly across the street from St. Lucie Medical Center. The Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.
To schedule a mammogram, please call the Central Scheduling Department at 877-331-7026.