Whether surgical or non-surgical intervention is the treatment of choice for your orthopedic injury, rehabilitation is an integral part of your recovery process. Our rehabilitation staff is just a part of the larger team, all working together to restore your function.
Rehabilitation is more than just “ambulating” or “applying a brace”. Our physical and occupational therapists create specialized, focused, comprehensive care plans that incorporate your individual functional goals. We work closely with your physician to establish an accurate diagnosis quickly and develop a plan of care that is reviewed by them. We specialize in the treatment of neurological and musculoskeletal disorders including pre- and post-operative care programs.
Our rehabilitation staff specializes in:
- Assessment and treatment of injuries of the foot and ankle, shoulder, knee, spine, hip, wrist, hand and elbow
- Evaluation and treatment of spinal injuries and educational programs on spine care
- Development of biomechanical braces and supports for the foot, and custom sports braces.
- Manual therapy/mobilization of the spine and extremities
- Evaluation and treatment of all musculoskeletal problems, such as sports-related injuries, occupational injuries and injury prevention on the playing field.
For patients undergoing joint replacement surgery:
- After surgery you will participate in physical and occupational therapy which will consist of strengthening exercises, education regarding specific precautions following your procedure, walking and dressing and bathing training.
- You should remember to take pain medications as prescribed
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat well
- Perform deep breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia during periods of inactivity.
- Review the pre-operative training materials prior to your admission.